Monday, 16 April 2018

JADOUVAB SWEET CASHEW CREAM.

JADOUVAB SWEET CASHEW CREAM Savory (or Sweet!) Cashew Cream By: jadouvab. The first time I tried cashew cream I thought I was in dairy free heaven. I was in KADUNA, NIGERIA in 2018 in kaduna polytechnic residential and we found a little vegan kaduna restaurant (not what we were expecting !). I was so excited – they offered cheaps with a dairy free creamy sauce drizzled all over it, it was so delicious and I have never forgotten it. When I returned home I made a few batches based on what information I could get out of them then I ate this with everything for a period of time. This can also be made into a sweet cream substitute to drizzle over desserts.
4 votes, average: 5.00 out of 54 votes, average: 5.00 out of 54 votes, average: 5.00 out of 54 votes, average: 5.00 out of 54 votes, average: 5.00 out of 5 (4 votes, average: 5.00 out of 5) Login to rate this recipe - Not a member? Join Today INGREDIENTS: 1 cup (150 g) raw cashews 1/2 – 3/4 cup (125 – 190 ml) filtered water (add more water according to consistency desired) Savory Cashew Cream Juice of 1/2 lemon 1/2 tsp. sea salt 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar (optional) 1 garlic clove (optional) 1 tbsp olive oil (optional) Sweet Cashew Cream 2-4 tbsp honey or pure maple syrup 1/2 tsp vanilla extract DIRECTIONS: Soak the cashews in filtered water for 3 hrs or more then strain. Add the cashews and fresh filtered water to the blender or food processor and blend until smooth. Add remaining ingredients depending on whether you were making a sweet or savory cream, then blend until smooth. Savory Cashew Cream can be used as a pizza topping, to a healthy pasta dish, over vegetables, baked dishes, casseroles, healthy Mexican meals, as a salad dressing (this can be thinned down with extra olive oil) or anywhere were you may have added a savory creamy sauce! Sweet Cashew Cream can be drizzled over fruit and healthy desserts. Prep time: 3 hours (to soak cashews) plus 10 minutes Cook time: 0 minutes Total time: 10 minutes Servings: 16 Nutrition per serving: Calories40 Fat3g Saturated Fat0.5g Cholesterol0mg Sodium20mg Carbohydrates3g Fiber0g Sugars1g Protein 1g Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on produce size and equipment

No comments:

Post a Comment